28 August 2016

Beauty Products Worth The Hype


Whilst I am not usually one to jump on a bandwagon when it comes to certain trends, there are some products that, having been mentioned constantly by beauty bloggers and vloggers, I become way to curious to try and I end up giving into the hype to see what all the fuss is about. In some cases this ends in disappointment as it turns out some products are just not for me, however the majority of the time results with me triumphantly wondering where this product has been all my life so, without further ado, here are the products that I believe are worth the hype...

Nars Sheer Glow Foundation & Creamy Radiant Concealer
I have raved about both of these products a good few times on the blog recently as for me it is the perfect complexion duo. The foundation is extremely light, yet buildable, providing a good deal of coverage without looking or feeling too heavy or cakey, whilst the concealer manages to cover up any blemishes or imperfections flawlessly as well as brightening the under eye area. Since purchasing them they have become firm staples in my makeup bag and I would even go so far as to give them holy grail status as I cannot imagine my makeup routine without them. 

Urban Decay Naked Palette
Despite having owned this palette for a long while now and purchasing many new palettes since, this is the one that I consistently come back to. In my opinion it is probably one of the biggest fail safe palettes on the market as there is such a range of shadows, all of which are extremely smooth, buttery and pigmented, to create a wide variety of looks.  


Jo Malone Cologne
In my opinion I don't think you can go wrong with Jo Malone fragrance as there are so many to choose from and definitely something for everyone, with a huge range of sweet and fruity mists to slightly warmer and heavier scents. I would have to say they are also probably one of the longest lasting fragrances on the market as there have been a number of times, after having applied it at the start of the day, that I still catch whiffs of it around 11 o'clock at night. Although they are on the pricier side, I definitely do think they are worth forking out a little extra for as they are such a unique and high quality collection of fragrances. 

MAC Lipsticks
Beauty bloggers and MAC lipsticks seem to go hand in hand, with most makeup collections featuring a huge stash of the famous black bullets, and having finally tried them this year it is not hard to understand why. Available in so many different shades and finishes, they are exceptionally pigmented yet feel comfortable on the lips, as well as lasting a pretty decent amount of time, which is one of the main things I am after in a lip product. Whilst they are slightly expensive and there may be cheaper alternatives from the drugstore, you really can't go wrong with a MAC lipstick and they are definitely worth the hype.  


Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed- Champagne Pop
If I had to pick the biggest blogger enabled purchase I have made it would definitely be this highlighter as, ever since it's release, I have read and watched so many rave reviews hailing it one of the best highlighters ever! Described as an apricot-gold highlighter, it is honestly one of the smoothest and softest powders I have tried, as well as being one of the most pigmented yet, despite this, it isn't too over the top, instead giving a pretty, subtle shimmer to the tops of cheekbones. 

MAC Brushes
When it comes to makeup brushes I am usually all about the cheaper offerings from brands such as Real Techniques as they do just as good a job as more higher end products at a fraction of the price. However, like the lipsticks, there are certain MAC brushes that I feel are worth the slight splurge as they seem to make applying makeup that little bit easier and are probably the most affordable that are available on the higher end market. Whilst they are all great, there are two standouts for me- the 217 and 239. 217 is perfect for applying shadows into the crease as it blends like a dream, whereas the 239 is better suited for packing on any shadow all over the lid. The two go hand in hand for creating any eye makeup look and are, without a doubt, worth the hype. 

Have you tried any of these products? Do you think they are worth the hype? 

Megan 

No comments:

Post a Comment