12 September 2016

My Current Haircare Essentials


As I am someone who has naturally oily, slightly frizzy, not-really-straight-but-not-really-curly kind of hair, I have always struggled with finding the right products to keep it looking at its best for longer than a few hours. Because of this, I am constantly buying and  trying out new products in the hope of giving some life back to my locks, whilst also simultaneously keeping it under control and free from frizz, and lately I have found that this combination of products does a pretty good job, so much so, that I knew I would have to share...

Shampoo is probably the most important product for me as far too often I have tried ones that have weighed my hair down and turned my already fairly greasy hair even oilier, which isn't particularly desired or ideal. After my favourite shampoo was discontinued a couple of years ago it took a while to find another that suited my hair, but the Pantene Pro-V Perfect Hydration is a pretty good replacement. It properly cleanses my hair, yet it leaves no product build-up, instead leaving my hair feeling soft and lightweight due to the hydrating properties. When it comes to conditioner on the other hand, I have tried quite a large variety, across many different brands, with all of them offering slightly different benefits for my hair. Whilst I did find a few that I liked and often go back to, my favourite was definitely the Garnier Ultimate Blends Gloss Reviver, as it makes my hair feel incredibly smooth and soft, as well as looking healthier and shinier whilst smelling like cherry blossom, which is my all time favourite scent!

As I am currently trying to grow my hair I have recently been loving the Lee Stafford Hair Growth Treatment Mask as it not only encourages growth but also deeply conditions and moisturises my hair, leaving it a lot stronger. I don't tend to use this every time I wash my hair, instead using it every other wash, as I don't want to weigh my hair down with too much product, but I definitely notice a difference the times I do put it on my hair as it makes it feel a lot softer and keeps it looking in better condition. 


When it comes to styling my hair, there are two products that I always reach for and have become staple parts of my haircare routine. The Tresemme Heat Defence Styling Spray has been my go-to heat spray for years as it keeps my hair soft and healthy whilst also protecting it from any heat damage. On the other hand, the Charles Worthington Body Booster Mousse is a recent rediscovery of mine as I have noticed that my locks have been looking slightly flat and lifeless lately, so I have been using this after washing my hair as it is great for giving more bounce and volume, without any stickiness or heaviness. 

Lastly, as I have mentioned, my hair does become oily pretty quickly after washing, so the biggest essential, and one of my 'can't live without products' is definitely Dry Shampoo. I have tried a few different brands over the years but the Batiste Tropical version is definitely my favourite as it not only smells amazing but also revitalises my hair, leaving it feeling cleaner and looking a lot fresher, as well as adding a little extra volume and texture, which is always a bonus!

What are your favourite haircare products?
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment