8 May 2016

Review | Nars Sheer Glow Foundation & Radiant Creamy Concealer



If there is one beauty product that I have coveted more than any other it is probably Nars Sheer Glow. Having read numerous reviews and seen it in action in countless Youtube videos it has sat at the top of my beauty wishlist for a good couple of years until the other day when I finally bit the bullet in Space NK and purchased it, along with the Radiant Creamy Concealer, leaving a considerable dent in my bank balance. 

I was originally planning to order the products online, yet I was hesitant as I was unsure of which shade would be right for me and didn't want to waste £30+ on the wrong shade, so I put it off until I could visit the nearest Nars counter. The guy in the store was extremely helpful, offering suggestions for the best products for my skin type as well as matching me to the shades "Deauville" (light with neutral balance of pink and yellow undertones) in the foundation and "Vanilla" in the concealer, which are perfect colours for me. 


In terms of coverage, both the foundation and concealer are spot on, giving medium-full coverage that is definitely buildable, due to the extremely light and weightless texture of the two products. Unlike previous foundations and concealers I have used, I cannot feel either of these on the skin at all after application, and they are also pretty invisible on the skin too, giving a flawless, yet natural, look. One of my favourite things about the foundation in particular is that it doesn't look dry and cakey on the skin, which I have experienced a fair few times in the past, rather, it glides on smoothly leaving a radiant, satiny finish. The concealer is also pretty perfect too, covering any blemishes and redness I have on my face as well as concealing dark circles and brightening the undereye area expertly. Both products are really easy to apply, and whilst the concealer does have a slightly thicker consistency than the foundation, they both blend like a dream, especially when using a buffing brush.  

All in all, it is definitely the best foundation and concealer duo I have ever used as it makes my skin look radiant and pretty much flawless. The only negatives are the lack of pump on the foundation bottle and also that I do need to powder a little bit more frequently throughout the day due to my combination skin, however both of these things I can easily overlook as they are such great products that certainly live up to their "holy grail" status. 

Have you tried these products? What did you think?

Megan  





No comments:

Post a Comment