10 July 2016

My Favourite TV Shows

Like most of the population I watch a lot of TV which I don't think is a surprising fact considering that whatever my current obsession is, it is often featured in my monthly favourites posts and I have a list as long as my arm on my phone of all of the shows that I hope to get around to watching some day. Because of this, I thought I would share some of my all time favourite TV shows, both old favourites and more recent discoveries, all of which have had me, at one point or another, binge-watching Netflix (and going slightly square-eyed in the process!) to my heart's content... 

The Big Bang Theory
I don't think it comes as a surprise that this is number one in this list as I have mentioned it in numerous blog posts but it is, without a doubt, my favourite TV show ever and I know it might be considered a little strange, but I obsess over this show in the same way many people obsess over Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead. I love how lighthearted and easy to watch it is, as well as how relatable the characters are, and it also played a part in making me realise how much I loved and wanted to study science. I know some people hate it, but for me it instantly brightens my day when I watch it, and I am extremely excited for season 10 (which I hope isn't the last!) in September.

Gossip Girl
Quite a contrast to TBBT but this show was the first that I properly became obsessed with a couple of years ago. I must admit that I have a kind of love/hate relationship with Gossip Girl as sometimes it can be slightly tedious (season 5 in particular), however for the most part I love the characters and storylines and it makes me even more desperate than usual to live in New York every time I watch it.

Pretty Little Liars
It's always difficult for me to decide whether I love Gossip Girl or PLL more yet, despite having quite similar storylines at times, I think Pretty Little Liars would just have the edge as it's so much darker and sinister than Gossip Girl. I love mysteries and thrillers and this show is full of secrets, so much so that there have been many times where I have physically gasped and been left open-mouthed in shock as things have been revealed. Although I didn't really enjoy season 6 I am getting quite into the new season and I can't wait to find out the identity of uber A and for the whole story to be revealed.

How To Get Away With Murder
It's slightly morbid but I have loved TV shows involving crime and murder for a long time (I blame my Mum), so when I was looking for something new to watch a few months ago and spotted this on Netflix, I immediately started watching it. It is one of the most addictive shows I have watched, with a few different storylines interweaving throughout the episodes to give an overall gripping plot. Viola Davis plays the lead character Annalise Keating so perfectly and with so much emotion that you sometimes forget you are watching a fictional TV show, whilst the rest of the cast are also extremely likeable, yet slightly suspicious at all times, which keeps you kind of doubtful and on the edge of your seat constantly. It is definitely one of the best shows I have watched this year!

Star Trek: The Original Series
As I have recently become a lot more interested in science fiction I have been very eager to start watching Star Trek, so when Netflix added every series of the show a couple of weeks ago it was instantly added to my list. For someone who is fairly new to the world of sci-fi, I have become pretty obsessed  with this show and I have really been enjoying watching it  as, despite it being a 1960's series, I personally haven't watched anything like it before. I like how every episode is a completely different story, yet the characters and the relationships between them continually develops, and I can't wait to see what happens next.  

What are your favourite TV shows?

Megan 

No comments:

Post a Comment