22 May 2016

My Travel Bucket List

In true Sagittarius style I love to go on adventures and explore new places, so today I thought I would share the travel destinations that are currently at the top of my bucket list. Whilst there are so many parts of the world I would love to travel to, I managed to whittle it down to 5 destinations, all of which have not only been the subject of numerous daydreams in the past but they would all offer completely different and unique experiences that may hopefully be a reality for me someday...



Los Angeles
Whilst visiting every state of America is at the top of my bucket list it is California that I am most eager to travel to at the moment, especially LA. Even as a young child I have wanted to travel to Los Angeles and be a completely typical tourist, doing things like seeing the Hollywood sign and finding my favourite stars on the Walk of Fame, as well as driving over to Disneyland and visiting various film/TV studios. I feel like there is quite a variety of different vibes going on in LA and I would love the chance to explore everything, from the beaches and mountains to the museums and shopping centres in the huge city. 


Iceland
Ever since seeing Troian Bellasario's Instagram feed over New Year when she was in Iceland, I have had this desire to visit. To me it looks like such a beautiful and magical part of the world and reminds me so much of scenes from The Hobbit that I would half be expecting to bump into Bilbo Baggins and Gandalf if I ever were to visit. Whilst it was the natural beauty of Iceland that first attracted me, such as waterfalls, mountains, volcanoes and glaciers, I would also love to explore the picturesque cities of Reykjavik and Akureyri as well as the incredibly popular Blue Lagoon, which looks amazing! For me though, what I would probably most like to do in Iceland is see the Northern Lights as it has been on my Bucket List for so many years and looks like such a breathtaking experience.


Amalfi Coast
I have never actually visited any part of Italy before, however I know if I were to go I would make a beeline straight for the Amalfi Coast. Now I'm not gonna lie but it was probably the Galaxy Chocolate advert that made me fall in love with the Amalfi and ever since then I've been obsessed. Everything about it looks like a postcard, from the coastal mountains to the brightly coloured pretty towns, as well as the beautiful blue mediterranean sea. I think it would be the perfect Spring/Summer getaway and I would love to take a trip there sometime soon!






Bali
Whenever I think of a place like Bali an image of paradise springs to mind, which is why it is definitely one of my top 5 bucket list destinations. Whilst the white sandy beaches (ones which I ever only dreamt about) are what attracted me the most to the island, I would also love the opportunity to explore a world completely different from my own and broaden my horizons by discovering spiritual temples, eating new foods and experiencing a whole new culture.


South Africa
Rounding out my Travel Bucket List is South Africa which has long been a dream destination of mine. It is definitely the most diverse place I have included, which is probably why I want to visit so much, with busy cities such as Cape Town and Johannesburg, paradisaical beaches and obviously the safaris. To be able to see some of my favourite animals in their natural habitat would definitely be an unforgettable experience that I would love to try one day. 

Have you been to any of these places? What is on your travel bucket list?

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment