2 June 2016

May Favourites



So I had a little bit of a blogging break in the last week as I was quite busy with life 'stuff', but I'm back now with my May favourites which, I know I say every month, has come around way too quickly. This month is actually mostly beauty related as I've discovered some pretty amazing products recently that I have been reaching for on a daily basis as they have become instant favourites. Throw in my current favourite read to this collection which rounds out everything I've been loving in the past month.
This was probably the only lip product I wore throughout the whole of May as I'm pretty obsessed with matte lips at the moment, and as I haven't yet jumped on the Kylie lip kit bandwagon this is a nice alternative. I don't think it comes as a surprise that I have the shade Seduction as I'm all about nude lips and this is the perfect beigy-nude, my lips but better shade for me. I will say that despite being sold as a matte product it does apply quite glossy at first, however once dry it becomes completely matte, lasts a pretty long time and doesn't look or feel dry on my lips. I definitely want to try out some more of these soon!

I have never really managed to use an eye product religiously before but, after noticing my eye area was looking a little tired and lack luster, I reached for this to make a part of my permanent skin routine. As it is revitalising I only use it in the morning, however I have noticed such a difference as my under eye area is so much smoother, with no visible bags and an overall brighter appearance. I also love the cooling sensation that the roll on gives as it really refreshes and wakes up my eyes and it is great for prepping my eyes before makeup. 



I've already posted a full review of both of these products (here) so I won't go into too much detail now but this foundation and concealer duo have definitely been my stand out products of the month. I manage to achieve a pretty perfect base using these two together as the foundation blends flawlessly into the skin, whilst the concealer covers any redness, blemishes or dark circles, giving a natural 'my skin but better' look. 

I have always been particularly fussy with shampoo as my hair goes oily quickly and so I am always on the hunt for hair products that won't speed up the process. After reading a number of rave reviews of this L'Oreal range I thought I'd give it a go as it is specially tailored for oily roots and I can say that it has definitely become one of my favourite shampoos. My hair feels extremely clean and light after using it and whilst I don't think it would last 72 hours for me personally, I can definitely get two good hair days after using it, which can be quite a challenge sometimes!

After reading a couple of heavier novels in the past few months I wanted to enjoy a bit more of an easy, light-hearted read, so when I spotted this on my sister's bookshelf I decided to give it a go. As I am someone who does identify as a bit of a fangirl and have read my fair share of fanfiction in the past, it is the perfect book for me, yet whilst I love being able to identify with the main character what I love most is that it brings up/deals with some pretty big topics, however doesn't sugarcoat or romanticize these. I still have about 100 pages to go but you can expect a full review once I have finished it.  

Have you tried any of these products?

Megan 







No comments:

Post a Comment