1 May 2016

April Favourites












It always surprises me how quickly these monthly favourite posts come around and I seriously can't believe we are nearly halfway through 2016 already- I swear it was only New Year last week! Onto my April favourites and it's quite a small collection this month with a couple of exciting new favourites, as well as some rediscoveries that I have been loving throughout the past month...

I have had this foundation in my collection for well over a year now yet I kind of neglected it as I didn't think it was the right shade for me. However, I recently gave it another go and realised that I can actually get away with wearing it in this shade, which I am so glad about as it is such an amazing foundation. It is such an easy foundation to apply, with a buildable coverage to give a flawless finish to the skin. It is perfect for my combination-oily skin as it lasts all day, with only one or two touch ups needed throughout the day. I am so glad I rediscovered it as it is definitely one of the best foundations out there!

The Body Shop Lip Balm- Passionberry
As someone who constantly gets dry lips, especially when the weather is still pretty chilly, I am always applying lip balm throughout the day to keep them moisturised. Whilst I have used many different ones this is definitely one of my favourites that I have tried, as it is extremely hydrating and smells amazing, as well as giving the lips a slight sheer tint of colour. I definitely want to try more of these!

I read and loved the Stephen King book last year, so I was extremely excited to watch the TV show, and so far it hasn't disappointed. Whilst it does differ slightly from the book, which tells the story of an American English teacher going back in time to prevent the assassination of John. F. Kennedy, the fact that it is an 8 part TV series means it is extremely detailed and accurate. All of the characters are portrayed amazingly, in particular Jake Epping, played by James Franco. It is such a compelling and suspenseful thriller and I am very excited to get to the climax of the story. 

Soap & Glory Endless Glove Hand Mask 
Another rediscovered product that I have been using lately is this hand cream/mask, which is enriched with macadamia oil and fruit acid smoothers to soothe and moisturise your hands. As I have been suffering from quite dry hands recently I have been loving using this, especially just before I go to bed, and it has made such a difference to my skin, leaving it feeling soft and smooth. 

L'Oreal Lumi Magique Highlighting Pen
Since repurchasing this concealer last month it has become a staple part of my makeup routine. Similar to offerings from YSL and Mac, it is a medium coverage, slightly shimmery highlighter that brightens the under eye area and covers dark circles. I have been loving using this to add some radiance to the face, especially under the eyes, the tops of my cheekbones and down the nose to give a pretty, luminous look.
  
The Fault In Our Stars
Despite being on my to read list for a while, I've found myself neglecting this book, partly avoiding the hype and also because I thought it might be too much of a Young Adult novel for me. However, having read it in a week, I really wish I'd read it sooner, as it is such a funny, touching and beautiful story that completely sucked me in as a reader. I love how it doesn't glorify Cancer, instead John Green presents a very real and honest tale of suffering from a terminal illness. I think everyone should read this, regardless of how old you are, and I challenge anyone not to fall in love with the crooked smiled, metaphor weaving Augustus Waters. 


What have you been loving this month?

Megan 

No comments:

Post a Comment