28 April 2016

The Drugstore Beauty Edit


Over the years I have tried and tested my fair share of drugstore products, so much so that I now feel that I have a pretty good idea of the best brands, in my opinion, for specific beauty product categories. Whilst I do love spending a little extra sometimes on more luxurious high end products, I really don't think you can go wrong with the drugstore for most things, especially as there is now so much to offer with products to rival their high end competitors as well as the added bonus of avoiding serious damage to your bank balance...

The best brands for the Face... 

Foundation is the one product that is probably worth spending a bit more money on however, for a cheaper alternative, Rimmel is the brand to go for. They have so many foundations on offer that all provide varying degrees of coverage as well as having a range of different finishes. My personal favourites are their Match Perfection and Lasting Finish, which have long been staples in my makeup collection. For concealer, I think that Loreal has the best, and slightly underrated, offerings from the drugstore. Whilst I didn't get along with the True Match Foundation I do love the concealer version, as it super blend able with a high coverage to give a flawless look to my face. I also love the Lumi Magique highlighting pen, which is quite similar to the YSL Touche Eclat, for under the eyes, as it really brightens the eye area and helps conceal the appearance of dark circles. Lastly, for powder, it's got to be Soap and Glory, with my favourite in particular being their One Heck of a Blot, which is super translucent and extremely mattifying, perfect for keeping shine and oil at bay!



The best brands for eyes...

In terms of eyeshadows it's a toss up between Maybelline and Sleek. For single eyeshadows, Maybelline are my pick, especially the Colour Tattoo cream shadows as they are so easy to apply and are extremely pigmented. However for palettes you can't beat Sleek, as they have so many to offer in a variety of colour options, as well as being super pigmented and a pretty decent quality, especially for only £7.99. For liner, it's back to Soap and Glory, as I use both their Supercat liquid liner and Smoulder Kohl pencil pretty much on a daily basis. For Mascara, I have always loved Maybelline, and have tried so many of their offerings over the years, but my favourites are definitely The Falsies and Lash Sensational - perfect for volumising and lengthening lashes. 

The best brand for cheeks...  

...has got to be Sleek as they offer so much - individual blush colours, contour kits, cheek palettes. There is such a variety of matte and shimmer shades available, all being super pigmented, and some of the blush colours are beautiful.

The best brand for lips...

It was quite a difficult choice as so many brands offer great lip products, however, in the end I think Revlon comes out on top, as they have one of the biggest selections from the drugstore, including Lip Butters, Balms, Stains, Glosses, Sticks - the lot! They also have such a huge array of shades to choose from, whether it be classic reds, bold pinks or pretty nudes you're after, they've got you covered. 

What are your favourite Drugstore Brands?

Megan 

No comments:

Post a Comment