7 March 2016

My Everyday Makeup Routine



As I have been pretty much wearing the same makeup look for a while now, I thought I would share my everyday makeup routine and the products that I have been using on a daily basis. Whilst a lot of these products have been repurchased multiple times and stayed in my makeup bag for a very long time, a couple of them are new additions, but have quickly become part of my everyday routine. 


For my base, I start with the L'Oreal Nude Magique Blur Cream as a primer, as it is great for smoothing out the skin tone, and since using it I have noticed a massive difference in the staying power of my makeup, which is a blessing for my combination/oily skin. I then blend the Rimmel Lasting Finish foundation onto my skin using a beauty blender, before applying the Seventeen Stay Time Concealer to any blemishes or redness and the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer underneath my eyes to brighten up the whole under eye area. I then set all of this in place with the Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural, which provides a little bit more coverage as well as keeping my makeup in place throughout the day.


To fill in my eyebrows I use an angled brush and Mac eyeshadow in the shade Charcoal Brown (which I seriously need to repurchase) as I find it to give the most natural look. Eyeshadow tends to be the thing that I switch up the most, but at the moment I am using Mac eyeshadows in Mineralism (a shimmery, silver taupe) all over the lid, and Showstopper (a cool-toned dark matte brown) blended into the crease. I then tightline with the Soap & Glory Smoulder Kohl eyeliner and line my upper lash line with Bourjois Liner Feutre in Ultra Black. I then apply Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara, which is a recent discovery but has become a new favourite as it makes my lashes super long and fluttery.

At the moment I am keeping it quite simple on my cheeks, using my Dior Rose Diamand as both a blush and a highlighter, as it gives such a pretty rosy glow to the apples of my cheeks. For my lips I'll apply one of my numerous lip products, which recently has been the Revlon Lip Butter in Juicy Papaya. 


What are your favourite everyday makeup items?

Megan


2 comments:

  1. Great post. I also use the Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer - its so good! Dying to try that mascara though everyone is talking about it!
    Louise
    Lifestylen.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. I also use the Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer - its so good! Dying to try that mascara though everyone is talking about it!
    Louise
    Lifestylen.co.uk

    ReplyDelete