25 February 2016

What Would I Wear To The Oscars?

Oscars 2016 Mood Board

As the Oscars are taking place on Sunday I thought I would do a bit of a fun post today and share three red carpet looks that I would wear if I ever got the chance to attend the biggest award show of the year. I must admit that getting completely dressed up to attend an award show-wearing a designer dress, beautiful jewellery and having my hair and makeup done-is a secret dream of mine, so picking out items to put together for this mood board was extremely fun (as well as slightly daydream inducing). 

If I were to ever have the oppurtunity to go to an event this glamourous, I would probably wear quite a simple gown, as I find they lend themselves to the most elegant and classy look. Whilst black is often considered quite a safe choice, I love this Roland Mouret monochrome gown, as the bardot neckline and panelling creates a slight twist on the classic LBD. I would probably team this with this pair of embellished Jimmy Choo shoes and Astley Clarke white gold cocktail ring, as well as this satin, ivory Jimmy Choo clutch. 

A slightly more daring dress is this Alice + Olivia gown, which is a halterneck style with a racer back design, giving it a bit of a sporty twist. It is a much more dramatic dress than the other two, thanks to the full skirt and embossed animal print, and I think it would look great with these claret suede Aquazzura pumps and Suzanne Kalan white gold and diamond bangle

Lastly, possibly my favourite dress, is this Balenciaga embellished crepe gown, as the streamlined cut is very classic, yet the small cluster of crystals and pearls at the neckline adds a little extra special touch. I also absolutley love these silver Tom Ford sandals, as well as these Sophie Bille Brahe diamond ear cuffs


What would you wear to a red carpet event?

Megan





No comments:

Post a Comment