28 July 2016

The Harry Potter Tag

Anyone that knows me will know that I am a massive Harry Potter fan and have been since I was about 8 years old so I thought it was about time that I shared my love for the wizarding world on the blog and do The Harry Potter Tag, which I have seen floating around on the internet quite a lot recently. I had so much fun answering these questions and reliving my childhood so, without further ado, I'll dust off my robes and grab a cup of butterbeer, with Hedwig's Theme playing quietly in the background, and get started...


1. Favourite Book?
The Goblet of Fire, without a doubt, as I have always found the whole storyline to be the most interesting and captivating. For me everything about the novel fits together perfectly - the Quidditch World Cup, learning about the other schools, the Triwizard Tournament, the Yule Ball and Voldemorts rebirth - as well as all the little twists and turns throughout, which makes it even more mysterious and magical in my opinion.

2. Favourite Movie?
I find it so hard to pick my favourite out of all the films but I think I would have to go with The Prisoner Of Azkaban as I love the whole look/design of the film and the new characters that were introduced such as Sirius, Lupin and Trelawney. Also, Hermione punching Draco= one of the best moments EVER!

3. Least Favourite Book?
I love them all but probably Chamber of Secrets as I never find the plot as gripping or exciting as the others. In fact, the very first time I started reading the books I gave up halfway through CoS ( I think it was the Deathday Party chapter to be exact) as I found it too boring! However, I don't think it took me long to start reading them again and from then on I became obsessed.  

4. Least Favourite Movie?
Half Blood Prince as I feel like they changed quite a lot of it/added unnecessary parts and it just didn't really live up to my expectations. 

5. Parts of the books/movies that made you cry?
I don't really cry that easily at books or movies but one of the only things that has ever made me cry was the first time I read Dobby's death in the Deathly Hallows. 

6. If you could hook up with any HP character, who would it be?
Probably George Weasley.

7. Favourite male character?
Sirius Black has always been one of my favourite characters as I think he's so likeable and such a brave and caring father/brother figure to Harry and, whilst I didn't cry at his death, if any character could be bought back from the dead I would want it to be Sirius.

8. Favourite female character?
Professor Mcgonagall hands down! She is such a strong, badass women with the best sarcastic comments and one-liners, and Maggie Smith plays her to perfection in the movies. I love her!

9. Least favourite character?
Umbridge. 

10. Best book to film character adaptation?
There are so many to choose from as I think the casting for these films were pretty much spot on, but some of my favourites are: Snape, Hagrid, Mcgonagall, Voldemort, Luna and Umbridge. 

11. Worst book to film character adaptation?
Ginny. In the books she is a fiery, independent and popular witch and really makes a name for herself despite being the last of the Weasley's, however in the films she doesn't really do anything and seems to just be there as a love interest for Harry. 

12. What would your patronus be?
I have no idea but I think a zebra would be pretty cool.  
 
13. If you could have the Resurrection Stone, The Invisibility Cloak or The Elder Wand, which one would you choose?
Definitely the invisibility cloak as it's the most useful out of the three and would be great for sneaking around and scaring people!

14. What house would you be in?
Ravenclaw as I'm pretty creative/artistic and always daydreaming. 

15. If you could meet any member of the cast, who would it be?
I have already kinda met Rupert Grint and Oliver Phelps when they came to my school a few years ago as a competition prize for a student in a higher year, but if I could meet any of the others it would have to be Emma Watson. 

16. Which class would be your favourite?
Charms. 

17. If you could remake any of the films, what would you remake?
Even though HBP was my least favourite I would probably remake Deathly Hallows: Part 2 as I wish they had done the whole showdown between Harry and Voldemort, with Harry explaining everything to Voldemort, in front of everyone, like in the book, rather than them jumping from the top of Hogwarts and Voldemort being blasted to smithereens.  
 
18? Were you happy with the ending?
I was happy with Voldemorts defeat and the sort-of twist that Harry was the master of The Elder Wand, but instead of 19 years later I would have liked an update on what happened after the war. What happened to Hermione's parents? Umbridge? Did Harry visit the Dursleys? I know they may seem unimportant but it's the little things I want to know.

19? Books or Films?
Is that even a question? Books, everytime!

20? How much does Harry Potter mean to you?
Harry Potter honestly means a huge deal to me as it was such a massive part of my childhood and I think it will hold a special place in my heart for as long as I live. I almost get butterflies whenever I turn to the first page of Philosophers Stone and read the words "Mr and Mrs Dursley, of number 4, Privet Drive" as I know I am about to go on such an immense journey and I will be forever grateful to J.K.Rowling for making my childhood so magical.  

Do you like Harry Potter? Why not have a go at this tag?

Megan 

No comments:

Post a Comment