23 June 2016

Review | Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Collection Face Palette

I am not normally one to jump on the bandwagon when it comes to hyped up beauty products or celebrity collaborations, however when Becca and Jaclyn Hill's latest collection was announced and I saw this beauty of a palette was part of the line-up I knew I would have to try and get my hands on it. So, when I happened to be on the Space NK website about three weeks ago to repurchase my favourite concealer at the same time that this palette went on pre-order, I couldn't resist, and when it arrived yesterday I immediately wanted to share my first impressions and swatches of my highlighting palette of dreams...

The Packaging- I think I can easily say that this is definitely one of the most beautiful beauty products I own as it looks and feels so luxurious and expensive. The Champagne Collection Face Palette is made of a pretty sturdy gold mirrored plastic with a white face that has a simple, yet elegant, gold confetti design. Despite it being quite a reasonable size (it fits in the plam of my hand), it isn't too bulky or heavy, so I think it will be pretty easy to travel with in the Summer for my holidays and the huge mirror encased inside is also a bonus!


The Products- Inside the palette there are five shades, four of which are completely brand new, all created by Jaclyn. There are two Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Champagne Pop, the original white-gold, peachy shade, and Prosecco Pop, which is more of a 'true gold' highlighter, as well as two Mineral blushes in Amaretto (a matte, toasted almond) and Pamplemousse (a matte coral pink) and a Luminous Blush in the shade Rosé Spritz, which is a peachy pink with a pale gold shimmer. All of the shades can either be worn alone or mixed and matched together to create a layered, customised glow. 

The products are all extremely pigmented, with a soft and creamy texture that applies to the face beautifully and blends seamlessly. From first impressions my favourites are definitely Rosé Spritz and Champagne Pop as I think these are the most wearable on an everyday basis, whether worn by themselves or layered together. Whilst all of the shades are supposedly universally flattering and are able to illuminate any skin tone, I definitely think that Prosecco Pop and Amaretto are more "summer" shades and will suit my skin tone more with a bit of a tan. However, with that being said, I love all of the shades and am pretty excited to start experimenting with all of the colours as it is such a beautiful palette!

Have you tried the Champagne Collection? What do you think?

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment