30 June 2016

June Favourites

It's hard to believe that it is already the end of June and we are in the middle of summer when, at the moment I am writing this, it is a grey, gloomy day with rain hammering against the window. However, after checking that we hadn't skipped summer altogether and jumped straight into autumn, I realised it was time for my monthly favourites again, which I swear seem to be coming around quicker each month. I have discovered some real gems this past month, with products that I know I will continue to use and will remain a favourite for probably the rest of the year, so without further ado, here they are...


Topshop Lip Contour "Outline" & Topshop Lipstick "Mink"
Another month means another nude lip product for me to love, however this time it is actually a lip combo that I have constantly been wearing on my lips throughout June. I am obsessed with the 90's trend at the moment and so the liner is a perfect 'my lips but better' shade for slightly overdrawing my lips to give a plumper pout, whilst "mink" is a pretty dusty pink with brown undertones, which for me is a perfect dark nude. I have been loving pairing this with winged eyeliner and loads of mascara lately for a simple 90's inspired makeup look.  
 
St Ives Blemish Fighting Apricot Scrub
I have been on the hunt for a product to give me smoother and healthier looking skin for quite a while now but I never seem to have much luck as I have quite fussy, sensitive skin. However, I decided to give this scrub a go as I've heard so many rave reviews about the St Ives brand and now having tried it for myself I can easily see why. The product itself has quite a thick formula and is also extremely grainy, yet it doesn't feel harsh on my skin. Instead it gently exfoliates to reduce blackheads and blemishes and since using it I have noticed quite a difference in my skin, which now looks clearer and healthier. I also love the refreshing apricot scent as it reminds me of summer holidays and it has definitely become a skincare staple!


Sleek All Night Long Palette
I have been a fan of the Sleek eyeshadow palettes for a few years now and the couple that I already own are pretty battered as I love and use them so much, so when I was deciding on my makeup for an event I had recently I immediately went to purchase a new one as they are so affordable and I think could give some MAC shadows a run for their money. I went for the 'All Night Long' palette as every single shade looked wearable to me, which I find to be quite rare, and as there is a mixture of mattes and shimmers it is the perfect palette for creating more subtle looks in the day and darker, more dramatic makeup for the evening. I have done so many different looks with it already and I will definitely be experimenting more, especially over summer. 

Aveeno Skin Relief Shea Butter Moisturising Lotion
I have been suffering with quite dry and sensitive skin lately and so needed a pretty hydrating body lotion to give my skin some much needed moisture. I have used and loved an Aveeno moisturiser before as it thoroughly hydrated, yet didn't irritate, my skin and this one was no different. It is an extremely rich lotion that sinks into the skin almost instantly without feeling greasy or sticky, and it left my skin feeling ridiculously super soft and smooth whenever I used it.   

L'Oreal Infallible Fixing Mist
I had wanted to try a setting spray for so long as I was finding that using powder to set my makeup wasn't really doing it for me anymore, and so rather than splash out on a higher end one I decided to try the much more budget friendly offering from L'Oreal which I am now obsessed with. As someone who has combination/oily skin I never thought my makeup could stay looking so fresh for longer than 2-3 hours, yet a few quick sprays of this all over my face at the end of my makeup routine seems to lock in every bit of makeup I am wearing, keeping it fixed in place pretty much all day, without the need to powder or touch-up. I even recently managed to spend an entire day in London with my makeup on for about 14 hours with no need to touch up, so for fellow combination/oily skin sufferers this is honestly a (budget) miracle in a bottle!

Snapchat 
Out of all the social media platforms Snapchat has always been the one to allude me as, although I have downloaded it a couple of times previously, I was never that keen and didn't really get the hang of it. However, after a bit of a crash course from my sister I finally started using it properly and became obsessed with it the past month. I feel like it is a much more casual way to document your day compared to Twitter and Instagram, and I love having more of an insight into celebrities day to day lives as I am very nosy! The fact that Jim Parsons recently started using it as well makes it a 100x better!

What have you been loving this past month?

Megan  

No comments:

Post a Comment