17 April 2016

My Favourite Disney Films




 As a child I was a massive Disney fan - I owned most of the films on VHS, I collected numerous Disney figures and sticker albums and I was always dressing up as my favourite princesses. Whilst I am *slightly* less obsessed now that I am older, I still love revisiting my childhood and immersing myself in the magic of Disney, so today I thought I'd share my favourite films, which include a mix of oldies and newer releases, with a couple of Pixar offerings thrown in as well...

Beauty and the Beast
As a child, this wasn't my favourite Disney Princess film, however in recent years my love for it has grown so much that I would possibly consider it my favourite Disney film ever now! The characters and the themes behind them, such as not judging a book by it's cover, are probably what I love most about this movie, and I can't wait for the live action version with Emma Watson (the perfect Belle, imo) next year.
  
Big Hero 6
The newest of the Disney films I have included here, yet that doesn't affect my love for it, despite me normally preferring the old school Disney animation style to the more modern style. I love that the story revolves around a group of extremely smart and unique characters, as well as the fact that it isn't a stereotypical magical Disney tale. I think it's extremely funny and the perfect family film, and I have to say that Baymax is probably the best Disney character ever. I love it!

Lady and the Tramp
I have always loved dogs, having owned a dog my whole life, which is probably the reason why I love Lady and the Tramp. I find the beginning of the film so adorable, with Lady as a puppy, and as she grows older the story progresses into a sweet, alternative tale of love. I remember bawling my eyes out, even as a child, at the end when something happens to Trusty, my favourite character, but don't worry if you haven't seen it, I promise it does have a happy ending. 

Ratatouille
I love Pixar movies, and whilst there are so many amazing ones to choose from, one of my favourites has always been Ratatouille, which in my opinion is sometimes overlooked and underrated. Whilst I am not a particular fan of rats, I actually love the story of a rat running a restaurant, especially in such a fancy Parisian restaurant, and I just think it is an extremely heartwarming movie. Definitely one to check out if you've never seen it!

This was my all time favourite movie as a child, with Ariel definitely being my favourite Disney Princess, and my love for it is still going strong all these years later. I love the fact that it isn't set in a castle like most of the other princess films, whilst it also contains some of my favourite Disney characters and songs- who can resist singing along to 'Part of your World' and 'Under the Sea?' I have a big love for this film.

Lastly, I had to include Toy Story as it is such a classic Disney film which I have loved since I was a child. I always used to hope that my toys would come to life after I left the room thanks to the magic of this film, and I think that this film in particular has one of the best character ensembles out of all of the Disney offerings. I also loved both sequels, which is quite rare, and I am very excited for the forth instalment. I think I would have to say that it is one of the best animated movies of all time!


What are your favourite Disney films?

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment