31 March 2016

March Favourites




I can't quite believe that three months of the year are gone and we are already in April, although I am not complaining as I am looking forward to the warmer weather now that Spring has sprung, as well as a few exciting events coming up for me in the next months. These past few weeks I have actually tried quite a lot of new beauty bits and pieces for what feels like the first time in ages, with some of them making it into this month's ensemble, as well as a couple of random, non-beauty things to round out my March Favourites...















I mentioned this a bit in my recent Skincare Routine so I won't harp on too much about it here, but in the last month it has definitely become my new favourite moisturiser. It is perfect for my combination skin as it is extremely lightweight, yet still provides enough hydration for any dry areas of my face. It sinks into my skin really quickly and, as it provides a slightly mattifying effect, I have noticed that my skin looks less oily since using it which is always a bonus!


I am always trying out new mascaras and after seeing this one featured in a number of February Favourites I thought I would give it a go, especially as Maybelline is one of my favourite brands for mascara. It is definitely one of the best mascaras I have ever used, as it lengthens and volumises my lashes, yet there is no clumping or flaking. For everyday wear, one coat is enough to give a pretty, fluttery look to my lashes, however it is easily buildable to give a more dramatic, false lash effect.


I have been using Real Technique brushes for a few years now as they are so affordable yet such good quality, and the Stippling Brush is no exception. For me I think it's the perfect brush to apply foundation, as the duo fibre bristles give a completely airbrushed finish to my base makeup, and as it is less dense than the Buffing Brush, it gives a lighter, less heavy look to my foundation, which I have been favouring recently. Definitely one to try if you haven't already!


Now I must admit that this is a very recent favourite as I am not even halfway through it yet, but I have fallen in love with it so much that I had to include it in this months favourites. It tells the story of a blind French girl and a German boy during the second World War, offering perspectives from both characters throughout the novel. I was actually a little hesitant to read this at first as I haven't read a book like this for quite a few years, yet I loved stories set in World War II as a child so decided to give it a go, and I am so glad I did. I can't wait to read the rest of it as it promises to be a beautiful and moving story, and I will definitely do a full review once I have finished it. 


Drawing
Quite a random one, but in the last month I have really gotten back into drawing and sketching, so much so that I have even set up a separate instagram account for all of my artwork (it's @mgnkt_art in case you want to check it out!). I find drawing to be a really relaxing past time, and for me it is a great way to destress and take a break from technology and social media for a couple of hours.


Easter 
Lastly, I couldn't get through my monthly favourites without mentioning Easter as it is always one of my favourite times of year. I love going to Church on Easter Morning with my family before eating copious amounts of chocolate over the bank holiday weekend, and I also love the fact that it happens in Spring as the weather is slightly warmer and everything feels fresher now that Winter is out of the way. 

What have you been loving this month?

Megan  

1 comment:

  1. I definitely feel like time flies the older you get. Makes me motivated to go travel!
    Totally gonna check out that moisturizer because ever since I stopped to get a facial my face has become more oily then ever and I am not used to the change :(
    Reading this post has inspired me to start reading a novel. I so often only read non-fiction and articles online about science, spirituality and anthropology. I have been trying to get into narrative writing and feel like I suck at it, and I think reading a narrative would help me develop a groove for it! Thank you for the inspiration!

    I also have a blog at www.Palmtrease.com, related to modeling, traveling and art that I would appreciate if you checked out :)
    Support women and the creative community! Much love sister!

    ReplyDelete